Club Membership Rules
Ballysillan Acrobatic Gymnastics Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club must at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of everybody. Therefore all members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with our Club Secretary, Junior Club Development and Child Welfare Officer.
- 1. All members must, as far as possible, be kept safe from harm while they are at, or representing the club.
- 2. No member associated with the club must ask anyone to keep secrets of any kind.
- 3. Members are not allowed to drink alcohol, smoke or take drugs of any kind whilst on the club premises and must not participate in any club activity whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Members shall also not promote, give or sell any drugs to another member whilst participating on the club premises or participating in any club activity.
- 4. Members will respect the coaches, officials and administrators within the club and remember that they are giving their time and expertise freely.
- 5. Members must be on time for sessions or may be unable to participate.
- 6. Members must pay any fees in relation to membership of the club or club activities on time unless another arrangement is reached with the club Secretary.
- 7. Members will take care of all property belonging to the club or any member, including all club facilities and equipment.
- 8. Members are responsible for caring for their own equipment, clothing and property and they must ensure that it does not endanger any other members of the club.
- 9. No jewellery or unsuitable clothing or footwear must be worn during practical sessions.
- 10. Members must adopt the Fair Play Policy of the club and act in accordance with the Policy at all times.
How Parents/Guardians Can Help
Ballysillan Acrobatic Gymnastics Club believes that parents play a very important role in their child’s development in sport. To that end, the club would ask all parents to contribute to the Junior Club and their child’s participation in sport. In particular the club expects all parents to:
- 1. Encourage but not force an unwilling child to participate in sport or in the club.
- 2. Recognise that children’s enjoyment in sport and as a member of this club is paramount.
- 3. Emphasise enjoyment and fun and praise and reinforce effort and improvement.
- 4. Promote and teach fair play by setting a good example.
- 5. Teach their child that effort and teamwork are as important as winning.
- 6. Help their child to set realistic goals, improve their skills and develop a positive sporting attitude.
- 7. Never ridicule or shout at any child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- 8. Acknowledge and applaud good play by all, including competitors. Parents/guardians should set an example by being friendly towards opposing teams, its supporters and parents.
- 9. Publicly accept an official’s judgement and never question their honesty.
- 10. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
- 11. Express any concerns about their child or the club to the nominated officer, ie Kerry Breen.
- 12. Recognise the importance and value of coaches and others within the club who give their time, expertise and resources to provide opportunities for young people.
- 13. Offer whatever assistance they can to the running of the junior club and support the club and their child where possible i.e. by providing transport to training; making sure that their child has appropriate clothing; supporting fund raising and social events.